Friday, September 14, 2007

My LV news

So I just had to share a small peice of news. Actual NEWS. I was watching this morning and found out that a high school kid was shot down the street. He is ok. But this occurred less than a mile away from my house. My house is backed up against Commerce, and the kid was shot on Commerce, just farther down the street. They don't know if it was gang related. The kid goes to the new high school Legacy. It was supposed to be a "GOOD" school. I don't know if any of those exist in Vegas any more. And I was nervous that Braden was going to middle school. I am probably, unnecesarrily freaking out, maybe I shouldn't have watched Freedom Writers last night.

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

Yikes! I would be freaking out too! It's so scary knowing the world will only get worse and our kids are a part of that.I try not to think about it because it scares me too much!Move up here,I dont think theres ever been a shooting up here(at least I haven't heard about one).

liufamily said...

Just to add to everything, I found out today that the neighbors bike was stolen. They live around the corner. I love my neighborHOOD:(

Sarah said...

I heard about that...scares me to death. Sorry 'bout the hood.

liufamily said...

Hey you only live about 5 minutes from us!!!

Tiffany said...

Did that kid die?

Sarah said...

Hahahah, yeah-we are, but we don't have thefts and break-ins and stuff *yet*.

Eliza said...

All it takes is one family or a friend of a family in your "hood" ...on some days I feel like I'm in the Hood!

liufamily said...

the kid was fine. I think that he was shot in the leg.

-KJ said...

Good thing we have two legs. What ever! That is scary! Move here. We live in Zion, remember? Hahaha! NOT! The violence hasn't quite migrated up here yet, but I am sure we have our own problems. Strike that. I KNOW we have problems. Everybody does. People just might be to neive to know it.
What did Lance have to say?

liufamily said...

just another day in north town. thats what lance says. jk. He does't say much, he doesn't like to watch the news