Sunday evening when we heard about our Prophet, Gordon B. Hinkley, we were so sad. The kids wanted to know what was going to happen next. So Lance explained that to them. I am so thankful that this gospel is one of organization and order. I am grateful that there is a plan for us in all things so that in times like these we do not have to fear. I am sad, like every one else, but so happy that he is with his sweet wife again. He was such a wonderful man and I will always be grateful for the influence he had on Lance.
So this was the month that I turned 31!!!! I must admit that it was kinda ruff. I breezed right through 30 with an excitement, but 31 has been a different experience. I don't know why I feel older this year as opposed to last. But I do!!! But, to say the least I was spoiled! I got to enjoy dinners with both sides of the family, which I love to do. Lance surprised me with some sparkles!!! He got MEGA brownie points for that one. Lance also was most generous and let me get away for the weekend. I had a great time. But enough about me!!!! Braden is training again for another competition. I am looking forward to watching him compete again. He really has fun, and its fun to cheer him on. As for my little diva Allison, she has her first loose tooth. She is 7 and her teeth are very slow. I will post about her tooth soon. She is very excited to be on the journey to meet the tooth fairy. I hope she is not to disappointed that our tooth fairy doesn't pay very well. Allison is very good at saving her money, and is probably hoping to score big! And for the baby of our family,Jessica. She is a riot! Where to begin. She is an artist at heart. And I am sure that if not for our religious beliefs, she would probably grow to be a magnificent tattoo artist! Her drawings these past couple of weeks have included her right toes colored red with a Sharpe!!! Just her toes. I really wanted to get a picture and didn't remember until she was madly scrubbing them clean so she would not have to show them to all the girls at gymnastics!! She was horrified at the thought that kids would see that she had red toes on one foot! Whats funny is that I love telling people about her red toes, but she doesn't think that's funny, and has instructed me not to tell Chris Stewart her preschool teacher! She also drew on her face with a black marker. She looked like she was an Indian going off to war. And to match the face, she had lines above her knees. And her last work of art was a star like shape on her foot. It was drawn with a black pen and colored in. And as for Mrs.Kris at preschool, well the kids love to tell her secrets! Jessica is a fan of secrets, she loves to tell them. But when Mrs. Kris heard THIS secret, she had to inquire about it's truth. Jessica had informed her that I was pregnant! Now before you get all excited, that is no longer a possibility! Mrs. Kris felt bad because no woman likes to ask another woman if she is pregnant, because naturally you don't want the woman to think that she looks like she is getting bigger, especially if she is not!!!! I had a great laugh and thought it was a great story! We concluded that it was peer pressure in preschool, three of the kids in her class have moms who are expecting. And so is one of my sisters-in-law. With two new cousins this last year, I think that Jessi really enjoys being around babies. She loves to hold her cousin Makana and is looking forward to holding Clair when she is ready. To finish the story of the "Secret at Preschool", Jessi was very upset at me as we were leaving that day. She told me that I was just supposed to help her get in the car and leave. Not talk to Mrs. Kris. She didn't want me to find out, and she didn't want Mrs. Kris to know the truth. So on the way home we had a little conversation about the difference between secrets and lies!!!!! Even though it was something that she wanted to happen, it wasn't the truth. I love these moments! The moments when you can reflect back and laugh out loud. Oh, this morning I had a new pair of nylons, still in the package, on my bathroom counter. I was combing Alli's hair and she saw them.(Now keep in mind that she has a whole drawer full of tights.) She was so grossed out!!! She thought that they were some new underwear! I got a good laugh at her being so grossed out before I told her what they were. Then I had fun teasing her while I finished her hair. She thought that she reacted pretty silly too. After reading this months visiting teaching message, I need to really enjoy being a mother and the joy and happiness that my children really do bring to my life. It's hard for me not to get caught up every day in the things that must be done. I love my family. My children are the most beautiful kids ever! They are such a riot and joy, and I need to remember that and love them for it every day. I am looking forward to this year and for all that it is going to bring. Braden will be twelve and receive the priesthood. Allison is going to be eight and have the opportunity to be baptized. There are so far... two weddings to attend, and so far.. another niece or nephew on the way. We are so blessed, and I love the blessing of such a close family, and extended family. And most of all, I love my husband. It will be nine years in February, and has gone by so quickly. I am grateful that he loves me so much, even with all of my crap. He is a wonderful man and I am lucky to have him for my husband.
7 comments:
You are the queen of monthly reviews!
Those were some great stories!!! I laughed so hard. I have to say that Jessie is a woman of my own heart. Just wait until she paints her whole hand green in Kindergarten! Let's just pray that HER teacher doesn't tell her that she hopes everyone laughs at her while she plays the violin, I mean...gymnastics! Hee hee!
We have had talks with Spence about just kidding and lies. Will he ever learn?!!
Anywho, great post!
That is so funny! I love to hear that chaos happens in other peoples homes too! At least she colored on herself! Treyvan colored on poor Rowyn and was very proud of how his baby sister looked. Your kids are too cute! I can't believe Braden is going to be twelve! Wow time flies!
I love to hear about your family! There is NO WAY you are 31! I can't believe it! Time flies girl! What a great family you have! Thanks for the update!
I need your email. I tried one that was the same name as your blog with cox.net at the end, but it didn't work.
My email is liufamrocks@gmail.com
My email is liufamrocks@gmail.com
GMAIL!!! Ahhh. Got it!
Post a Comment