Wednesday, March 25, 2009
What to do?
Okay, so I'm looking for alittle feed back. Let me explain my confusion on how to handle this situation. As most of you know, Jessica goes to gymnastics, and some of the moms stay for a while. Jessi is one of the newer girls in the group, so I haven't gotten to know many of the moms yet. One day while sitting in my car for a minute,another mom got out of her car and banged her door into my van really hard. I know she saw me sitting in there, but she didn't even stop to look to see if she did any damage, or to appologize. I was more upset that she didn't say anything, my van is trashed anyways. So later I mentioned it to another mom, and she unloaded about this woman and how many of the moms didn't care for her. One of the many things she said was that they thought that she was or is an escort. WHAT!!! I only mention that because I don't like the feelings that I have towards this woman. I have felt I have judged her unfairly because of the car door situation, and the things people have said about her. Mind you that this woman has never said hi to me or had a conversation with me in the four months that Jessi has been in this class. So one day last week she was wearing a white tshirt and guess what, she had the undermarkings of being lds. Yep, Im positive thats what I saw. I was mortified. But, on top of that I was mad. I was mad at myself and at her. There is actually a mom who is being fellowshiped by her neighbor and has been asking me questions and now she knows about this woman too. I don't know what to do or if I should say something to her. I feel like I need to appologize for judging her, but at the same time she is not an approachable lady, I don't know what to do, if I should do anything at all. I don't like feeling like this. I see this woman three times a week, she probably has no idea, but its eating away at me. What would you do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hmmmm, I don't know I would just befriend her just because she is LDS. Honestly, shouldn't we befriend everyone? So that is why the LDS argument doesn't hold water for me. Just because someone is LDS doens't mean they are honest people. Sorry, but it's true. Seems like her character was revealed pretty clearly because of how she acted when she hit your car.
However, that said, I am not saying to not befriend her. I still think it is worth the effort. Then maybe you will know a little more about her. Maybe she was having a really bad day, or maybe she was afraid you would ask to pay for the damage and she doesn't have the money to do it. Who knows. I think you just have to decide to forgive her. Most likely she won't just apologize for what she did, so it's not worth harboring those bad feelings. All they do is make you feel bad.
So that probably didn't help you. Try befriending her. She could turn out to be a good friend, or you may come to realize that there is a reason people stay away from her. I think no matter what, you should just drop the van thing if you were never going to pursue her fixing it. Dat's what I think. Good luck!
Hi Stace, I thought I'd just check in with ya and this is kind of an uncomfortable situation. So, another parent is being fellowshipped by her neighbor who is a member of the church? And is asking about the mean lady who is supposed to be setting a better example?
I wouldn't say anything but , "hi" to the mean lady. Maybe she'll come around. Women can be so judgemental sometimes so I wouldn't engage in any of their gossip.
I've had a similar thing happen to me before. My old neighbor got to know and respect me formy religion. She moved and rented her house out to s family in our ward. The family in our ward was expecting a baby but the mother smoked. She was active in church, too. So the landlord called me oneday and said, "Audrey, did I see her smoking? And she's pregnant? And Mormon?!" My reply to her was, "Yes, all true. But you know the people who come to church are not perfect, they all struggle with something wether it's big or small. I've known for a long time and that's just a secret she struggles with!"
So to update, Ive had a few conversations with this woman now, and the last thing she suggested to me was a soft porn movie and she said it was hot. Sooooo, I think she is going through stuff and I dont think I will try to have a friendship with her. But Im starting to understand her better.As for the woman being fellowshipped, I can just keep answering questions and try to be a friend to her.
Your willingness to continue your journey with this woman is commendable. However....why is there surprize that she would be a sinner?
Furthermore, she gives evidence that she is fully engaged with Lucifer, and cares about no catechism....Mormon, Roman, Anglican, Baptist, Jew....
As an old-line Episcopalian, it seems to me that she has been sent out to capture you, and that you might best attempt to help her by staying "just out of reach" and continuing the excellent example that most Mormons reveal to the world concerning human conduct.
Thanks for your time and attention.
The Old Gringo
privatouring.blogspot.com
Post a Comment