Friday, July 6, 2007

The Follies of the Fourth!





We had such grand plans for the Fourth of July! But this is the reality of the day. Lance and I, with the girls arrived at the lake and got the boat ready for a fun filled day at the lake. After every one finally arrived, all 11 of us, it was time to get the boat in the water. Now if any of you have ever been to the lake on a holiday it is crowded! And I am the one driving the boat off the trailer. I am a pretty good driver, but when there are 25 boats that think its ok to use the loading area as a parking lot it gets tricky to move your boat off the trailer. And I feel like GUYS look at me and think that a girl cant drive this big boat, This JERK in a very expensive boat yelled at me, but you see he was the one parked in an area ment only for loading and unloading. So I yelled back!!!! I think that if you spend all that money on a boat, you should know the courtesies on the water! After that we started to have fun. We drove the boat up to through the narrows to the upper basin. We started to pull every one aroun on the tube. After everyone got their turn, we were cooling off by swimming around the boat. You see it was about 120 outside. Wyatt, lances brother was swimming close to the boat and accidently kicked the prop. Which split his foot wide open, and our day at the lake was over!!! We got to the dock as quick as we could and Nate took Wyatt to the hospital. We hung out at the Liu's for the rest of the day and the kids swam. Wyatt got back with three stitches. The kids were excited to see fireworks so we went to desert breeze park where they were going to have a twenty minute show. And we could also see the strip and watch the fireworks from the Stratusphere. We thought that we were doin great until it was about 30 min past when the fireworks were suppose to start. So we made some phone calls and found out that all the fireworks had been cancelled. SUCKS!!!! So we made our way back to the Liu's and lit our fireworks that we bought, and watched the neighborhood fireworks. The kids had fun. In all it was a good day because we were with family, but things could have gone alittle smoother. And that was our Fourth of July!!!

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a day! We also were on the water too. Nothing bad happened to us but some guy we didn't know had a bad accident. He was driving his boat pulling a friend on a wakeboard and the rope snapped just has he was looking back.The rope snapped right in his eye! It was really bad. His eyeball was pretty much gone....NASTY! His life changed in a second! Other than that we had fun out on the water! Your girls have such beautiful hair! It looks just like yours but darker of course. I can only imagine how busy the lake was..... too busy!

Sarah said...

So glad you had fun!! Thanks again for watching Ava for us the other night. You are fabulous. She sure loves you guys, and so do I!

-KJ said...

Thanks for that story Tiff! *shivers* I can't believe Wyatt only had to get 3 stitches. He is lucky! Sounds like the day turned out fun anyway!
We missed you at the cabins!!! Maybe next year!!! I need to call you this week to catch up for real!

liufamily said...

That is a freak accident!!!

I loved watching Ava, her talking is so fun to listen too.

I missed being at the cabin. But I have been so busy with family down here, I think if I had tried to make it I would be sick with exaustion right now!!!

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

great! I accidentally posted a comment signed in under Chris' name- so I deleted it so I can write it again in my name... but apparently 'deleting' doesn't make it all go away... oops :)
Anyway- just wanted to tell you that I'm glad you guys had a fun (though crazy) 4th, even if it wasn't with us! Chris and I finally gave into this blog thing and have our own: thestrombergs.blogspot.com.
Hope to see you guys soon! Give the kids hugs for me!