Tuesday, July 17, 2007
The Grand Canyon
We have been busy round here. We had a great day out at the Lake. I didn't put those pictures on because I wanted to do the canyon. But, every one tried to wakeboard and got up. It was alot of fun and we will go out at least one more time before Steve and his family head back to Germany. We got some good news. They are plannig to move here next year!!! That will be awsome. Braden has really enjoyed having a cousin his age to hang out with. And some time this week a cousin will be moving here from Samoa. Lisa is Bradens age and will be going to school with Braden, and will be at our home alot. So Braden will have plenty of cousins to hang out with. Back to the Grand Canyon. We went on Sunday. It was just a day trip. We decided to go to the west rim and the Indian Reservation. On the directions it said that there would be 14 miles of dirt road. Wellllll that was a LIE!!!!! We were on a dirt road for a good hour. And most of it was winding and washboard. Not to mention you are in the middle of NOWHERE!!!!!! But when we got there it was nice. They have you take shuttle busses to different points on the rim of the Canyon. The Canyon is amazing and Scary. I was a complete basket case with my kids there. I didn't have to worry about Braden because he is just afraid of heights as I am. But Allison kept runnin back and forth between everyone. Jessica stuck to me too. There are no rails or fences at all around the lookout points. And lance and the Older kids were tryin to be funny with there pictures. Then a guide came and told us that the winds can go from 0 to 100 in 3 seconds there. No more messin around for any one!! We had lunch in an attempt at an old western town. The food wasn't any thing fantastic and If I was to go again, I would take a cooler. And i know that you are wondering if we went on the famous skywalk. NOPE! It is 26 bucks to go out there and then you have to pay for a locker to put all your stuff in because you cant take anything out there. Yep, no PICTURES!!!!!! So why do you go on the thing if you can't take a picture? Over all it was a great day trip and every one had a good time. The drive home took alot longer because of construction on the dam. By the time we got home it was time for bed. Good times. I just have to add that we saw Transformers last night and that movie is spectacular!!! If you have not seen it, go and see it NOW, it is one of the best movies EVER!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Now I have a really good excuse why not to go on the skywalk...costs too much. Curtis wants to go but I told him I can't till the kids are older. I too would be a basket case. My 3 year old is the champion parent dodger. Looks so pretty though....we'll go someday.
Wait until they pave the road. And the resort there should be done sometime next year!!!!!
I have never been there. I really should go sometime when I am in Vegas next! Lance's fam looks crazy fun! They always look like they are having such a good time.
I am so glad that you had fun!! I am sure that I would be a basketcase there, so I am going to wait until Ava is a teenager. hehe.
Who ever thought it would be a good idea to put a skywalk out there was smokin' crack!!! Holy heart attack! I couldn't even lay down and look out the window at the Stratosphere! I would have been a total basket case with my kids too!!! Looks like a fun little trip though. I love how Lance's fam LOVES the buffets!
i was a basketcase when i went there... and the only person i was trying to control was my boyfriend (chris and I went when we were dating)! i can't even imagine doing that with kids! and you're right- i don't know who was counting those 14 miles... but it's a heck of a lot further than that. no lie- we thought we were lost but didn't have cell phone reception so we had to just keep driving. it's beautiful once you get out there, though. when we went they were just starting the skywalk, so we were planning on going back out there to see it- but not for 26 bucks! they're crazies. i am glad to hear that you got your whole family back to vegas :) where are they putting a resort out there though?
Lance brought ropes and a stick incase anyone got stuck on the dirt road, which is a real possibility. I think that the resort will be by the skywalk. And the buffet thing, what else are you supposed to do when you have family in town. Its all about the Vegas buffet!!!
Looks like fun stuff! I've never been either. And the skywalk...yeah right! I wouldn't pay that! Or go on it. I'm with Kj about the Stratosphere.
Yes, stratosphere! I was literally on my hands and knees looking out the window. I hated that! I fear that I'll loose my balance and fall. My mom's fear is that she will jump off! WHAT?????
When we had Lance's cousin who is 16 here, we took her to the stratusphere. We also took our nephew 16 and neice 15. We were standing and looking out. I was busy thinkin how far down it is and didn't see Lance behind me. He scared the CRAP out of me.He acted like he was going to push me. I think I have a adverse reaction to fear. I tend to laugh. I also do this when Lance is mad. But this time I was laughing so hard I couldn't breath. That is my story of being pushed on the Stratusphere.
Post a Comment