Wednesday, June 4, 2008

What day is it????

I know that I have neglected my blog. I feel like I have been through the whirlwind of life this last month. Can I just say that I think I have officially lost my mind. It is no longer functioning. I have a hard time remembering what day it is. I have to write any occasion down on three different things, my Nelson fam calendar, my wallet calendar, and with dry erase pen on my bathroom mirror. And even with all of that..... sometimes I still miss stuff!!!! I am so looking forward to summer. No more car pooling to school, no more trying to time school pick ups down to the minute. No more homework fights with the kids. No more arguing at bed time, cause my kids fight for every extra minute that they can get. And I hope that Braden won't be drumming on the kitchen table with chopsticks at 6:30 in the morning, anymore! So what have we been up to? Well...... We had Jessica's preschool graduation. Which was entertaining. Jessi for the most part was busy playing in the sand and not to graduation. That's my girl, playin in the dirt. Also this same night, at the same time... Braden had is Spring band concert. He has turned into quite the musician. He made Jazz Band. He loves playing the sax. So I was sad that I couldn't be at both, we had to divide and conquer.
Then it was off to the field trip with Allison. Her school had all the 2nd graders go. We went to the Springs Preserve. It was fun trip, but kinda rushed. There is a ton to see, and we didn't really get enough time. I thought it was kind of ironic that the spring is actually dried up, and the whole point is water conservation, and yet they managed to have a ton of water features, and fountains!!! Tax dollars spent on the water we are trying to preserve, luv it!! And to top off the end of the trip, it rained/hailed buckets on everyone!! The kids loved it. We had a ton of other little events, such as cuzin birthdays, gymnastic shows, Dads getting put in the bishopric, bridal showers, and the daily grind. Good stuff. But the big kicker of the month was Wyatt and Michelle wedding! They had been dating for about 12 years!!!! It was a beautiful day and everything went great. Everyone is well aware that my kids love a wedding/reception. The girls love the dresses. Braden loves to wear the tux. And they all love to get their groove on the dance floor. This was no exception. Forget the food, which had crab cakes and sushi, salmon and asparagus!!!! It was, for the kids, all about the dancin!!! They did have hula dancers, which made me miss it. Maybe someday I will get the girls and myself back into it. But it was fun to watch. There was candles, and candles have flames, and that is not a good thing when you have a money dance!!!! Yep... they lost some green do to the flame!!! And shortly after that fire was put out, I noticed that the napkin on the table next to me was on fire too!! I dumped a glass of water on it, the kids at the table thought I was being a Jerk until they realized that I had just been a super hero and saved their lives from the burning napkin!!! Well I am looking forward to June and a little less chaos. Lance will probably kill me for this...but enjoy!!!

4 comments:

-KJ said...

Oh my gosh! Is Lance OK? Seizures are so hard on the body, I hope he didn't hurt himself. They can be so scary! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!
Oh Lance, that was awesome. I wish I could have been there to see the whole thing. I love that your family knows how to have fun!!! Hey, Mama Florence didn't pull an "Americas Funnies Home Video" at this wedding did she? No slipping? Kidding! Love your fam! Congrats to Wyatt and Michelle.

Hey, was Alli droppin' it like it was hot? Haha. Your kids are too cute. We miss you guys.

Sounds like life has been crazy. Thank heavens for those summer breaks...I think!

liufamily said...

Florence restrained herself. There was no AFH moments. And Alli was rockin the dance floor, but she's not allowed to drop it!!! I wish I had the whole dance battle on video, it was fabalous!!! Miss you too, hope we see you soon.

aubrey. said...

Stace... your little girls are BEAUTIFUL!
I miss seeing you guys...

Lyd said...

Wow!! Sounds like you had a load there...not in the pants, but during the month! haha But at least it all sounded like it was really fun! Personally, I would rather be busy doing something that I enjoy (for the most part) than just sittin around doin nothin. Now don't get me wrong, I love doin nothin, but not when I get bored of doin nothin. ANYWAY....